What is search engine optimization?
Search engine optimization (SEO) is the process of improving your website’s internet search rankings to generate more organic search traffic.
Organic search traffic is the non-advertising search results users see when they perform a search using an internet search engine, like Google or Bing.
Why do it?
To keep their users happy, search engines want to deliver the best, most relevant content based on their users’ search queries. If you can create that content, over time you’ll be rewarded with more traffic. And, best of all, organic search traffic is free!
SEO best practices remain a moving target because search engines constantly change how they decide what content to share. With Google’s release of Hummingbird in late 2014, content marketing has grown in importance as a tool for maximizing organic search results. You should also implement industry standard on-page HTML and site architecture techniques.
Check out Search Engine Land’s Periodic Table of SEO Success Factors for a comprehensive overview of all of the SEO factors which can impact your site’s effectiveness.
I can help you:
- Use Google’s Keyword Planner to research and pick the best keyword(s);
- Optimize your pages’ and posts’ URLs, title tags and meta descriptions;
- Include the keyword(s) in an H1 tag at the top of each page and at least once or twice (but not too often) in the text body;
- Optimize images and/or videos in your pages and posts;
- Set up Google Analytics and Google Search Console to monitor your website traffic; and
- Review and evaluate existing Google Analytics and Google Search Console data.